nursery......






I decided that I needed to blog about the nursery before the room actually has an occupant.
The lighting in there is not the greatest, so the pictures could definitely be better. 
It is my favorite room in the house.........I love it!
I love it because the entire family has been involved in its creation....
I love it because Paysen and I spent a lot of extra time together making things in there.
I love it because one day, very soon......
my daughter will live with in these walls.




This is the first thing you see when you walk through the door.....I love this sign.  I super love the fact that it has a couple nicks and I got it for half price at Hobby Lobby!

This is the view looking through the door.......
One of my lady friends (I have mentioned her before) is a mad woman on a sewing machine.
She is responsible for the custom quilt in the crib.....she also made the larger one hanging on the head board, for baby and mama to use while nursing or cuddling.....


This is a crazy dark close up of the crib quilt......notice the writing.... "Baby P"  So sweet
I found a crib skirt on Pinterest that I wanted soooo bad......This is a shot of the one that my friend and I made......it was a joint effort in the way that......she did most of the work and she handed out small jobs to me to make me feel like I was helping.  However, as I snipped strings from the finished ruffles Paysen replied, "mom, why is Sarah making you do all the work?"  hahahaha
This little idea came from Pinterest as well......Paysen and I made this giant "P" together.....

Paysen was the "glue man" for this project and thoroughly enjoyed getting his hands messy!!! 

I purchased this bench when I was pregnant with Paysen......it has sat in his room for the last 6 and a half years......I recovered the cushion for the baby's room.......  the pillow sitting on top, was the first pillow case that I ever made...
Stuffed animals from my childhood, one from when Parklen was a baby and a rabbit that I made form an old sweater join in on the seating....
I made this valance out of some left over fabrics from other projects......
This little guy was on its way to the trash.....it was my sisters and it was in bad shape....a little paint and here he sits.
This is a recycled piece as well.....bought for Parklen's room long ago..
Paysen and I spent a little time painting, and voila.
My second pillow.......
sitting on the top of this chair is a "prayer shall"  Knitted by my friend while Parklen was in the ICU back in January.....She prayed for my family and I the entire time she knitted it.  Pretty special.


This dresser belonged to my mother....and then to Paysen.  It is adorned with little things I picked up here and there.  The lamp is filled with more yarn balls that Paysen and I made....There is a tiny bracelet hanging on the jewelry holder......adorable.
This old shelf hangs above the dresser.....
We used an old window to construct this bow holder......
My sewing pal made these hanging baskets as well....already filled with extra bows and adorable hats!
And finally......we turned her closet doors into chalk boards.....
Paysen created a picture of what he thinks it will be like when his sister arrives...... :)


So there is a snap shot of the room........I wish that the photos had turned out better, however I am so happy to share the love that our family poured into this nursery......
Time is moving quickly and before I know it.....
We will have a new baby Henderson.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...