{.......}

"Just leave me alone" she whispered, the moment before she snuggled deep into my chest.
The sun had not yet taken its place in the sky that morning when Phin stirred awake.  Fevered. Tired. Not feeling well for almost a week...and it had begun to take its toll on her tiny body, and her spirits.

 It's the latest week of the many that have contained one miniature Henderson battling sickness.  No one having the same illness..all different, and all consecutively. One. After. The. Other.

The days starting early and the nights ending not long before that.

Tears, and cries.
Coughs and fevers,
Throw up and aching...

She thought if she hid behind the chair...the doctor might leave her alone.


It was a solo week...those tend to happen when your husband is attending grad school. Field work placements in another town...  leaving three kiddos and a mom looking forward to Friday a little more than usual.....

People often say, When it rains, it pours.
I have been feeling the rain.

Every salty wet drop that falls on my head, I become more drenched in life.
The moments that come within the chaos...
like Phin plastering her hot and fevered cheek against my chest..
my grown up nine year old calling me mommy..even though he is far too grown up to say that,  Parklen saying thank you and squeezing me extra hard for serving him breakfast...
Devan walking in the door after being away.....
those are the moments that serve as an umbrella...giving me a break from the storm.

Every day stress...
nothing specific.
Just life.

You know how it can get you down.
Ive been revisiting posts from years past and my faith is renewed each time I am able to vividly remember what God has done in our lives....I find courage to get up....to be thankful...and to ride through the storms...

Our yesterday's were anything but easy...
but those yesterdays led us to today....
We've made it to today...

With Thanksgiving next week, I am concentrating on all that I have to be thankful for.
And....if you've known me for any time at all....you know that that list is long......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...