The toad discovered at Natural Bridge


I have been slacking so much on my blog this summer....I cant decide what to write about...There has been so much good that I cant pick and choose the best!  We have been busy, playing, laughing, running, soaking up sun.  I feel like a kid again....I have removed all schedules, bed times, structure.  We are going with the flow, riding the waves....and it feels good.  I know for certain I may regret the removal of all organization when my kids throw down a massive fight as I try to prepare them for the upcoming school year.....but in the scheme of things it will be worth it.  

We have spent much time together as a family, I don't miss the shift work of days passed.  Devan is home for dinner each night and we enjoy family breakfast each morning.  We are enjoying each other so much each day. Squeezing every drop from this life sponge sitting before us!

This summer has even brought me to a place where  I have stepped out of my comfort zone a few times and gone on a couple day trips with OUT my kiddos.....This is rare....but good, and I enjoyed the adult conversation and company. 

We are suntanned, sun bleached haired, and glowing.  Devan told me the other day, "Summer looks good on you!" and I feel it.  I feel so good.  I feel confident in life, happy in life, and blessed in life.  I carry some Joy that cannot be shaken.....The trials we have seen have only strengthened its foundation!

 Fishing is in our family, its what we do....Devan proposed to me on our boat (this would make a good story to share later) Devan has fished his whole life, I have fished my whole life with him. The boys are starting to fish.  Paysen caught his first fish this last weekend (he has "caught" a lot with his dad's "help") But this was all alone....in fact the kid got it on the hook, reeled in, and into the boat before he even made a peep, The words, "Hey guys, look what I got!" Were soooo sweet!! You can tell by the photos that he wasn't very excited.....seriously he was freaking OUT!

Parky isn't so into it yet, he likes to dangle his cheap pole in the water and reel it back in....he did manage to catch his brother with a hook in the arm though.....


Parklen has done well this summer, he has felt better, kept up with his brother, grown a ton and cracks us up every day.....its hard to believe that a year ago he had just learned how to walk and was unable to speak, he talks perfectly now and runs like crazy.  


My friend said to me the other day, " I don't clean in the summer"  and I thought, how awesome is summer, we don't even feel the need to clean our houses, we don't put our kids to bed on time, we skip baths, we allow water and mud to be played with.  I love it.....It makes me wonder how I would do living in Florida, or some coastal place where it is always summer......I think I could manage...


I took on selling "Scentsy" this summer, I thought that since I cant technically work with Parklen I could throw a few parties and share a product that I really love...its working out, I like it!!  AND, my house smells delicious!!!  If your ever interested you can order online at http://www.salamandahenderson.scentsy.us/ 


I cannot believe that summer has just a few short weeks remaining....we go to Denver next week for more infusion, and then home to continue our summer adventures!!!


The boys have asked me for a pet snake since the day they saw this one at Natural Bridge.....


I will continue to say NO!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...