97....

Today is day +97.
I cannot believe it.
3 days until the 100 day goal......

As time has gone on in these past 97 days things have changed so much.......

We used to have so much worry about if Parklen would be ok.....
the worry is still there, but has shifted a bit.......
The worry now is more of a what can we do to keep Parklen well.......
Look at my chunky brown haired boy....

Tomorrow Parklen has surgery....
He has to get a new port in his chest.
Although he is doing so well, he will still have needs for periodic IV meds....and blood draws.
So, in goes the port.....
He had the same type of port for years.......
no big deal....

While he is under anesthesia, they will take a biopsy of his marrow.....
testing this marrow will help them determine when it is safe for us to return home.
Big deal....

Parklen is nervous.
I can't really explain it past the fact that he is five years old.
He hates anesthesia,
says it scares him to go to sleep.
When I ask him why he says, "because it makes me nervous"
Hard thing to hear as a mom.
After going under more than 30 times, I can't imagine how he feels.
Not too much I can do, just hold his hand and pray for comfort....
so I will.

So, tomorrow is a big day in way of planning our future.
Keep Parky in your prayers tomorrow!!!


Comments

  1. prayers go up as blessings come down... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy...as I read this my calendar points to Thursday, February 6th as the BIG day! What an accomplishment is coming up! :) :) :)


    Because prayer works,
    Lisa in D-town!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...