Sunday Funday........wish style

Sunday of our trip was free from any scheduled activities.....
It wasn't hard for us to decide that we wanted to spend it on the beach!

We found a nice spot on the Hawaiian coast, beneath the trees.....
our towels spread atop of the warm sand.....

It took nearly 5 seconds for the boys to run off toward the water.....


We spent the entire day there,
the boys sat along the waters edge and allowed the waves to wash them further ashore....
over and over again.....


They made a friend.


A little girl who lived on the island,
her mother from Pakistan, her father from England....They had moved to the island for her father to become a helicopter pilot......
She was shy,
she held tightly to her mother's hand as she approached the boys....
Before long, they were buddies and they all three laughed and played....running along the beach, Parklen never letting the little girl leave his sight.....
Most of Parklen's interactions are with adults, and when he gets the rare chance at playing with another child, my heart swells.....











 Paysen searched for and found many seashells, crabs, and other sea creatures....



Phinlynn took a long nap on the beach....



Devan took plenty of time to snorkel......
He captured videos of sea creatures and coral.... and even managed to record himself being thrust into the giant rocks...twice....lets just say he was bruised and beaten by the waves, leaving quite the mark and tons of swelling...It was enough to cause pain for weeks.....but it wasn't enough to ruin that day.

















When I think back to this day, I instantly get tears in my eyes.......
The visions of Paysen and Parklen running together along the beach,
the sight of Parklen laughing so hard that he struggled to catch his breath.....
I see my daughter playing in the sand and smiling as she braved the walk into the ocean....
I remember looking over at my husband while we watched our children play....both of us feeling relaxed and happy.........
My cup was more full that day than most,
and the day produced one of my favorite pictures of all time.......


When I look at this picture, I remember where he has been.....I thank God for him.
I remember the times I watched him cry, remember the times I comforted his pain, I reflect on the 6 years worth of trials he has faced.....and I cling to the love that my heart feels for this little boy....
This smile, its real....its genuine.....a sign of true happiness, that comes from an appreciation of little things......like the thrill of water from the sea chasing after you...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...