Hero among us






















There lives a super hero among us....
A boy.
A young man....growing ever quickly.
He is full of mischief....
often times ornery or full of sass....
He is boiling over with love...
in the form of kisses and hugs....

He is my daily reminder of many things....
to find beauty in each moment...
to appreciate the difficulties that parenting can bring....
to stop and smell the roses,
to breathe deeply....just because I can.

To always remember....
things that have been....

To soak up...
things that are...

And to look forward...
to things that will be....

As I look through pictures from this summer I find myself drawn to these two...
They speak volumes to my heart....
They illustrate strength....childhood....wonderment and imagination....
Because inside the body of this little boy...
resides a big hero.....

Remember that today is ever fleeting...
Tomorrow will be gone before long,
and this moment, right here and right now....
could very well be your last....

Embrace the beauty,
find it everywhere...

and when you are certain that the beauty is nowhere to be found....
Think of Parklen....
it helps me when I feel discouraged..
Because God has done amazing things with this boy...
and the best is yet to be..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...