What a day. . .

  Today was quite a day. . . .I was not prepared this morning when I awoke to a pile of snow outside. I have a very crazy tendency to plan almost every single second of my day. . . I literally lay in bed each night and go through the following day until the plan is clear in my mind.  Lets just say that horrible roads were not in my plans for this day. . .hahaha. 
  It took a whole lot longer than normal to get sweet Paysen to school today. . the whole time hearing the regular driving questions, "Mom, did Jesus make the road? Mom, did Jesus make the trees? Mom, why would Jesus make the snow?"  Paysen is so smart  at this point in his life that the simple answers do not suffice his questions, and I love his curiosity so much. . .
  It turns out that I am a terrible driver in this sort of weather, I nearly have a nervous break down, clinching the steering wheel with white knuckles, shaking and sweating. . .I am not even kidding.  Before my children came along I was not scared of a thing, now the thought of them in my back seat sends me into a frenzy. . .
 After getting Paysen to school we had to turn right back home for Parklen's weekly therapy.  It brings me great joy to watch him in his sessions. . he has come such a long way since he first started.  Just over a year ago, he was more than a year behind where he should have been and NOW he has surpassed not only expectations but the definition of normal at his age!!! 
 We had a little play date after all the morning happenings with some special people in our lives, special people of whom we rarely see. . . I find it strange how we let ourselves grow apart from people that we love. . . friends seem to fade away in the business of life. . .
 Our day ended with some gift wrapping, boys wrestling, ice cream and homework. . .Life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...