keeping us busy....

Life is full of surprises when you live most every moment with in your home......
With a knowledge that most everywhere is off limits and a simple trip to the grocery store  is impossible with out the help of a trustworthy someone to keep the kids.....you learn to keep yourself busy with all sorts of stuff......



Parklen and I have been up to some things lately......
I thought I would share a portion of whats been keeping us busy.......

Not long ago I was unable to get Parklen to participate in anything aside from watching a movie or playing a video game......he had zero desire to craft.....zip motivation to try new things and hardly enough strength to pull himself off of the couch......

Things these days are a little different.......actually, a lot different.

I have always been a crafty......something that was passed down to me by my mother, who's artistic abilities are overwhelming!  There is little about art that I do not enjoy......I love creative expression, I love to create things....I love seeing and holding something that was first born as a vision in my mind.....

I have always hoped to pass a love of these things to my children.....
Paysen has it, no doubt.....
He can create something out of anything and enjoys spending time working on anything that has to do with art.....

When Parklen began to show an interest in helping me with things I was making, I was so happy!
We have so much fun together as we watch something go from just a material to something that is beautiful.........

I began stamping jewelry while we were living in Denver....something that I had always wanted to learn and found the confining walls of the apartment the perfect place to begin......as time went on I decided that I wanted to incorporate quotes and sayings that Parklen uses as he heals from his illness....or words that mean a lot to me.

I was encouraged by a couple of friends to open an Etsy shop and after returning home decided to take that leap.....

We also have been working on hand painted signs.....these tend to be very rewarding for a child because the blank slab of wood you begin with shows little resemblance to the creation at its finish....



We spend much time playing "hide and sink" and "chase the baby" as well......
We count down the hours till school pick up because we miss Paysen during the day......
We eat together,
read together,
snuggle together,
create together,
giggle together......
I love this quote......rough seas make for skilled sailors.....



It can be very hard sometimes.....to not have the freedom to load up the car and go where we please....
but it makes you appreciate everything that much more.....
A trip to Target can feel like a mini vacation.....
When I go to the dentist, and I lay back in the chair.....I feel as though I have won a prize......

Its the little things.....
Parklen's favorite song is "You are my sunshine." He sings it constantly......


When asked how he is feeling or how he got better Parklen is likely to say, "God makes me Better."


We are leaving for Denver tomorrow......
just to have some routine things done!!!
Praying that Parklen's blood tests still look great and that the doctor will be just as pleased with him as in the past!!
Should be a relatively painless trip........
I am just praying that my teething princess can manage her nap time around our driving schedule!!!!


If you are interested in picking up something custom made by us you can check out the store......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...