a bridge.....

I am making an effort today......and here forward.....

An effort to not only realize the blessings before me,
but spending the time I have actually appreciating such blessings.....
rather than thinking about how I should.

Each day holds blessings.....
and although reality is sometimes harsh and painful, it is so important to not let the sadness consume you............

I have to remember this.

Sadness can be used as a bridge.......
you should never forget the things that make you sad.....
but let them lead you to a better place....
a place of appreciation....
of thankfulness...

We went to the hospital today for Parklen's checkup.....
to say that it went well would be an understatement......

He is doing great....
So great........that he is free from the hospital until Friday......
Yes, that is right..........there will be three days between his visits.....
This is a huge deal........really huge deal.

We were prepared to expect three visits each week, for weeks to come.....
Instead, after one week...he is well enough to stay away.

Not to mention that clinically, he is doing great......

The test that they did last week to look at his bone marrow has shown that 95% of the cells in his bone marrow are Paysen's.....this is great news.

These are things to celebrate......

I am not entirely sure what in the world we will do in the next few days.....

We may get a little crazy and spend at least one of those in our pajamas........
who knows.......

Parklen and I have become a tiny bit interested in putting curlers in Phinlynn's hair......
Hilarious.....


It takes me back to being a little girl.....
My mom always put those things in my hair....
always.

And then she would wrap my head in a bandana for safe keeping......I slept this way all the time......

I was born with a ton of hair just like Phin........so the curlers started about this age as well.....

I will not lie for one second to you.......
I love having a girl....

Here is to realizing that life is full of blessings.....
and then taking the step towards enjoying each blessing......
whether that be a good report from the doctor or tiny sponge rollers and bandanas......





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...