progress....

I don't have too much to say today.....

Our first night back at the apartment was a rough one....

When you are five years old,
when you have lived in a small room with no sense of time,
with nothing to do besides watch TV, play games.....
when you have night nurses that are willing to chat all night.....
turns out coming back to the real world.....doesn't work so well.

This is a problem we have faced many many times.....
It is going to take a few weeks to get back in the swing of normalcy....

We spent a good portion of our day back at the hospital for some outpatient appointments....
and after very very little sleep, Parklen was less than chipper.

I was scrolling through my phone today and saw some old pictures from this summer....I thought that I would show some of Parklen......
Not that you don't see a billion of them.....all the time.

The transformation in Parklen is just amazing.......I'm not going back that far....

This picture is from the beginning of August....right after returning home from a month in the hospital....3 weeks of which in the ICU.....

Truth be told, a good portion of people involved with Parklen's care, didn't think he would live this summer.....

These same people are pretty amazed by his progress.....


You cannot look at these pictures with out rooting for my boy....
You cannot look at these pictures and deny his incredible progress......

Look how far he has come.....





Parklen, my boy.....
the one who could hardly walk....
the child who was so weak,
so sad,
so sick.....
Today he pushed his sister to his appointments.....
That's amazing....

Comments

  1. Oh I love the new design of the page or at least mine changed. I also love your son's spirit. I am pretty sure he gets it from his parents!!! Words never can express exactly what any of us feel really or experience, but you really make a great writer and paint pictures with your words. You'll just keep up your AMAZINGNESS!
    Adam, Christopher and Molly :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...