+85

Today is day +85.

 You know you have been cooped up for too long when your five year old boy asks you to help him make a "relaxation place" for his action figures...complete with tiny pillows and blankets.....
because after all, even Batman needs to take it easy once in a while.


Things are moving right along.
Today we went to clinic for Parklen's routine checkup and blood draws.

Last week I decided that I should plant a seed....a tiny murmur of an idea.......

I have learned that if you sit back and wait for certain things to happen.....they may just not.
I have learned that it never hurts to ask for something.....anything.....
the worst that comes from asking is the answer no.
The worst that comes from not asking......never knowing.

So, I thought it through and decided I would ask.....
"What do you think about Parklen going home for a weekend?"

I wasn't sure what answer I would hear.....
but I was sure that I needed to ask.

They decided to think things over for a few days.....

Today, as I spoke with Parklen's doctor I couldn't wait to hear what he had to say.....
"You better go home for a few days.....all of you."

There it was.

Parklen is close to day +100,
and he is doing so good that he gets to go home....to his house......

This little trial run will help to make future decisions.....

Oh, by the way, did you hear what I said?
WE ARE GOING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND..........

I cannot contain my excitement,
I cannot contain my nerves.....

It feels like one breath I am shaking with excitement.....
and then the next breath is hard to come by as I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders....
the responsibility of keeping my little egg safe.....
the responsibility of driving him hours home.....
the responsibility is mine.....

I got this.....

It helps that Parklen's doctor is very conservative.....
he would be the first to hesitate if there were a reason to....

He says Parklen is ready for a little getaway....

I think he is right!!!

So home we go.....for a few days!
I can only imagine the things that will be this weekend!!!

Here is to miracles as they keep coming our way......
and after knowing what the lows can feel like,
after living in the valley for so many years
learning to adjust to the highs is a challenge....
but visiting the mountain top.....
spending some time this high.....

It feels amazing.....
I wonder if it would feel any different if we hadn't lived through the hard times....
and you know what,
I am thankful for all that led us here....
because I would never want this joy to be silenced, at all.
I would never want to think that going home for a few days was no big deal.....

and if the best is yet to be....
than I can only imagine what is to come.



Comments

  1. AMAZING! !! enjoy the time home, your family and your freedom.
    You are right, the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!hi Amanda this is Maddy and my Dad(uncle poof) have raised close to sixty dollars I donated my whole piggy bank

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

Whats mine...

I stood.