Denver tripin' it

The two littlest littles and I just returned from a trip to Denver......
It was rather quick.
A couple of appointments spread over a couple of days is an easy task.....




Would you like a cracker?!?!?!?

It isn't enough that the staff at Brent's Place took care of us through the entire Bone Marrow Transplant.......even before then and after....until we were able to return home.....
but they continue to care for our family once a month when we return for appointments.





They offered gifts and celebration for Phinlynn and Parklen's birthdays.
Seriously?!?!?
This place still amazes me with their generosity.

A super duper Super Hero cake........cape and all.



The kids were thrilled to see their friends....to have other humans to interact with was needed....
I don't mind the interaction either....;)

Parklen's appointments went well......
He looks good, outside and blood wise....
his counts are slowly rising......and he is traveling the road toward completion.
There is still much time between now and then, but every good report is a cause for celebration.

While in Denver I had the opportunity to see a mother.....
one whose daughter was one of Parklen's favorite gals in the hospital.
She would walk by his door during his admission.....when Parklen was on isolation and had little opportunity for interaction.....she would walk on by....smiling and waving and Parklen would do the same......She often made Parklen want to get up out of bed and venture to the door for a little bit of socialization......always through glass....
This mother and her family moved in to the apartment next to ours on Christmas eve.....and were still there when we ventured home.....
Last week, this mother watched as her beautiful daughter lost her fight.......
This precious child passed away.....

When I saw this fellow mom, this woman.....I felt an astounding sense of peace oozing from her being.....as she spoke and told me of the pain that her baby had faced....as she recounted the struggle...she still smiled.  "There was nothing else they could do....and she is in a better place...."

My heart hurts for this family, and yet I find myself so thankful for encounters like this......
thankful for moments that keep me tied into the world of pain that comes with sick children......I always wonder what sort of things I would find stressful....or complain about had I not entered into the world of which I live......

What kind of things would get me down?  Spilled milk, missed appointments, meetings, burnt dinners, chaos, the like?

I thank God that He puts in my path these people that are living a true pain......a deep loss that I cannot even begin to grasp....because these people.....these parents, put into perspective this life....and everything in it.  Parklen is doing better....its true, but all of his pain would be wasted if I forgot about it.....if I only looked at what we have today I could never appreciate all of the little gifts....the small moments that are tied with ribbon and presented to me as his mother......

Can you be thankful?
Can you smile through pain?
Can you remember this mother and her family?
Can you think about them before you find reason to complain?
I know that I will never forget them.....their memory will sit next to the ones of other families that have crossed my path who have lost their children.....
The moms and the dads who go to sleep at night with out their babies......the parents who know the deepest pain......
and my prayer is to never, ever.......forget them.
To always remember.....
To always be thankful.....
 I think it is so important to be reminded of this time and time again.....because the flow of life can get us down....our busyness can suck us into a place where little things seem big....and blessings blend into our worries.....






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...