Nine years will make you.........jump, jump.

You know how they say that opposites attract?
Its been said time and time again.....
I live it.
Every. Single. Day.......

I am married to someone who is different than me in most every single way.

He lives on the wild side,
I like to play it safe....

He leaves things to chance....
I like to make plans.

He is completely crazy.....
seriously, he is.

We even each other out.....



Devan pulls me up to the top of the cliff,
and I ease him back down to the ground a little.....

With us together the scale is even.....
I cannot imagine my life with out Devan pushing me past my limits....

Last week we had our anniversary......
Devan made plans to take me away......

It is a big deal for me to leave my kids......
It has been years....were talking Parklen was about 2 when I left him for a trip last......
and Parklen got sick while I was away and ended up in the hospital the day after I got back.....

Devan took care of the deets and, for the sake of my sanity.....and for the love of my husband.... I agreed to run away with him.....
...........for the weekend.

Well, most couples might've had relaxation and zen to look forward to on a weekend getaway.....
Devan does not roll that way.

stopping for these donuts.....YUM
He took advantage of our time together and arranged for a giant slice of crazy.....
He set up a little bit of adventure.....
Romance?
Not in the typical way.....

What says I love you like jumping out of a plane?
Nothing.
Nothing expresses anything in the exact same way as jumping (falling) out of an airplane at 18,000 feet above sea level.....nothing.

I would love to tell you that I was totally stoked for the trip.....I wasn't.
I hate heights.....
I hate flying.....
I hate adrenaline.....
and, according to a certain videographer, I must also hate fun.....

but do you know what I love?
Devan......
and because of that, I agreed to give it a shot.
(Not before reading online reviews and safety stats....
and realizing that, they actually take 80 year old people that partake in this wild sport.)

Lets talk about the drive to the facility.....
I entered many different emotions....
fear,
anger,
fear,
fear,
fear.....
I was crying my eyes out.

Then we arrived and checked in,
more crying.

We waited for our turn....
cry,
cry,
cry......

I cried more that day than any in recent history.....
The weather caused a lot of delays and so I was allotted extra cry time.....

As we loaded the plane, I quickly realized that they were seating me directly in the front of everyone else on the plane......the closest to the door......
The realization hit me like a ton of bricks,
I would be the first one to "jump" out.....
fear.
I looked back at Devan who was seated at the back of the plane and had a moment of complete apprehension and panic......
before I could back out the plane was in the sky.......
We soared higher and higher and my panic rose with the altitude.....
My legs were shaking uncontrollably....
My stomach, in knots.....
My mind........racing.

Jumping out of that plane was the absolute scariest physical thing I have ever done.

I barely remember the moment that began the free fall....
but that's what can happen when you hit the sky and begin falling at 130 mph.....
The brisk air takes your breath away.....
it is loud,
and it feels as though you might be floating.....
There isn't a steep feeling in your gut like you would think....
You don't feel like you are falling......
but you are....
Your cheeks make friends with your ears,
your eyes scramble to study your surroundings.
And, if you are like me.......your hands find a doggy paddle position and you begin to "swim" through the air.............(I am such a dork.....I cannot even look cool when I am doing something risky)

When the parachute makes its way out of the pack, the beauty begins....
It feels like you are just enjoying a nice stroll through the air.....
it is quiet.
and it feels as though you are the only human in the world......well except for the guy that is attached to your back....


As I landed safely on the ground I could not help but love my husband just a little more.....

For being so crazy....
For bypassing the normal romantic gestures....
and soaring me high above the earth to experience something that I would never have done had it been up to me.......

The rest of the weekend was amazing.....
Eating, laughing and just enjoying the company of one another.....
There is something completely wonderful about stepping back into the role of being "just" a wife, for a time.........

The kids were taken care of and loved while we were away......
and the time we had was needed, appreciated and will be remembered FOREVER.






This is us after our jump


 xoxoxoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...