Mothers Day...........



 My Mother's day began in the best way possible......
The small voice of my seven year old whispering, "Get up mom.....your Mother's Day breakfast is served...."
I walked to the table to find a plate of food next to a note written on a napkin.....
     "I love you mom I hope you enjoy this breakfast."

He had made me a hand written card that he gave me last night because it was, "Mother's Day Eve..."
The card contained a list of thanks for things I do.....and words of love.  It also contained a wad of cash from his piggy bank.... he smiled as I took out the money and said, "I couldn't go get you a present but I wanted to give you what I had......"

Seriously?!?!?!
This kid melts my heart.

Can you believe his heart?

He is so giving......

He is so amazingly pure in his intentions.....
and he was so incredibly excited about Mother's Day....
He just wanted to make me feel special, and he most certainly did.

A friend said to me today, "I think Mother's Day takes a new meaning after hard times- more than cards and flowers. I think something deep down knows the truth and honor of motherhood, and the soul celebrates."
  This is so true......and there is no amount of flattery, gifts or cards that could take the place of time spent with the people who make me a mom and the deep down knowledge that these tiny humans appreciate me.....love me and make me a better person.
There is something to be said about pain.....something that I will never stop saying.....it makes you see things often overlooked.....it makes you find joy in the small things.....






Today was just another day....sprinkled with just a little extra glitter....
We cleaned, we played, we had things to do....Devan had to study.....We had meals, medicine, and every day life going on.....
But I like to think..... that in this house, every day is Mother's Day....because every day I am a mother.....and every day I wake up and decide to be a mother.....not for recognition, not for praise, for cards or for flowers....but because there is nothing more deeply fulfilling than the position of Mom....
and these children make life worth living, even if they never said "thank you." Even if they never realized a thing I did for them.....I would do it any way......

I love being their mom.
I love the tiny moments woven into the chaos.....the ones that make me catch my breath....
the split seconds when I feel like my insides will burst....
I love the moments when I sit down at the end of the day....exhausted and worn....and I reflect over the day and know that I would not have it any other way.




Success is not measured by college degrees, or money made....
it isn't calculated by the clothes you wear or the car you drive.....

Success is measured by the life you live and the lives you share.....
It is calculated by laughs and tears......
It is sitting down in silence and having so many memories from one single day that your mind nearly bursts at the seams each and every night.....






Success is the ability to appreciate the simple.
To know that always working toward tomorrow robs you of today.....
Seeing that simplicity is life in it's richest form.....
That tender moments can be found beneath the ceiling of a blanket tent.....and over shared peanut butter ice-cream...

I am more thankful on this day than I have ever been on any Mother's Day before.....
for about a billion reasons.....
For lessons learned....
For life....
For healing....
For children....
For doctors....
For sleepless nights....
For whispers in the dark.....







I am thankful for the realization that not one single day is enough to celebrate motherhood....
and I am thankful for a 7 year old son...who has shown me with his kindness and generosity......that even though there is piles and piles worth of failures....my efforts are not in vein......it has happened in some way or another...my children are amazing.....
and Thank God for that.

I hope that every mother had an amazing day....
that they have found their own groove in motherhood.....
that they realize, that even if not one person acknowledges one thing that they do.....God sees.
and He is the only audience that really matters. :)
That they don't compare themselves to another......but to the woman they were the day before.....
Happy Mother's Day!!!


*disclaimer.....yes I returned his money to his piggy bank. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...