{-6}

Get ready for a whole lot of blogging.............Isnt this number two just TODAY?!?!?  ummm yes, yes it is.

It is my favorite way to communicate the happenings with Parklen and everyone else.......





Today was day -6.
It was a tough day.
Not a bite of food has passed through Parklen's lips.
He felt sick almost the entire day.
Slept a whole lot.
Cried some too.

The around the clock baths have continued....
Each one gets a little harder for my boy....
and for his mom.

It breaks my heart each time I must put on gloves just to touch him.
It hurts his too.....

Of all of the days of Chemo....
They say tomorrow will be the toughest.....
After today, I am trying to prepare.

None of this is easy......
Quite the opposite......
It is hard on us all.....

Each time Parklen falls asleep he wakes up to ask if he has lost all of his hair....
He is not looking forward to that part.....
The cutting of all of our hair has lost its shine.....
The delays we have had have rendered longer locks on us all.....

Today he started two new drugs....
Lots of blood draws...
Lots of nausea......

Because of Parklen's existing stomach issues, they have predicted that he will suffer more severe nausea....

Tomorrow is going to be hard......
He will start another new drug....
One that they aren't sure how he will respond to.
They wont be going far from his room tomorrow just in case something arises.....



Comments

  1. My Wednesday night 4th&5th graders have been praying for all of you. They have grown to love you all from Colstrip, Montana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing comfort to know that there are prayers being said all over the place.

      Delete
  2. My mom's small group in Iowa is praying for Parklen as well. Passing out the word to get the prayer chains going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda I am praying hard for you and for your precious Parklen, I hope he finds some comfort soon, that chemo is a wonder drug but quite stupid in how it hurts the body so much along with healing. I went through this during my bout with cancer and I can feel his pain and misery. Sending hugs along with prayers ( hugs). I hope his hats will help keep him warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying praying praying...I know God is holding you all in the palm of His hands...may you feel His peace and his touch!!! Gerise V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, Parklen and family, I am praying Psalm 46 for you all and the docs and techs and nurses, aides today. God is with you and holding you through this most difficult and heart wrenching time...Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers all the way from Portland. You and Parklen hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

Whats mine...

I stood.