Never have I ever.......

Devan and Paysen got here this evening.
It has been five days since Parklen had seen his daddy.
As Devan settled into the chair in the hospital room, I helped Parklen slip his feet into his slippers....
I could see the mischief in his eyes.....



It didn't take him long to make his way across the room.....
He shuffled his little legs quickly across the hard floor....
pillow in hand.

His giggles could be heard outside the walls of the room as he smacked his daddy as hard as he could with the pillow......
pure delight.

As I took in the scene of Parklen scurrying back and forth across the room, around the bed, up and down.........swinging pillows, throwing wrestling moves, laughing out loud.....jumping in his daddy's lap....my entire self was filled with joy.

I looked over to Devan and said, "Have you ever seen him this way?" 
his answer was simple...... "no."

I tried my best to capture the moment on film, but my own laughs caused shaky pictures.....
its ok though, the vision of my little boy moving about will be forever in my mind.

Parklen is supposed to feel bad.
People keep saying it.
He shouldn't feel good.

Parklen doesn't feel bad.
He keeps proving people wrong.....
He feels good.

He has grown quite tired....
slept until lunch time.
His hair began to fall out today,
he doesnt like to talk about it.
His mouth continues to hurt and the pain has made its way down his throat....
he doesnt complain.
Instead, he smiles.
He continues to wave as people pass by......
He continues to shake his little booty,
continues to show people that all things are possible.


I have seen Parklen in a lot of different situations,
I have seen him in immense pain,
trying times,
I have seen him just get by....
I have watched him struggle,
watched him go through surgeries...
watched  him unable to breathe....
unable to walk,
I have watched him go without fun....
watched him have to stay behind....
I have watched Parklen get countless checkups and blood draws....
witnessed exams and scans....
I have watched my boy take countless pills and meds....

With all the things I have seen, I can safely say......
Never have I ever seen my boy the way he is now.
Not just smiling but beaming,
not just walking but nearly running...
Not just playing but being rough.....
willing to set down his controller and experience some real time playing.....
Excited at a chance to attack his daddy....
pleased to show the world that he does NOT feel bad.....

What can you learn from this tiny five year old boy?
How bad are things really?
Wont you take the time to enjoy what you are able......
Hold on tight to that pillow and attack life.......



Comments

  1. Parklin's example definitely humbles the rest of us. He is truely a brave, special young man and I feel he is truely blessed to have you as his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can all learn from Parklen's attitude. It puts life in perspective...if he can feel so positive and hopeful than why shouldn't we all? He has such a strong will and a little fighter. What a special little guy! I just want to say how much I love and admire you as well. You are a wonderful mom and so strong. Parklen is a blessed little boy to have you for his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for every thing good that has happened with your family, so happy you have both your sons back they are precious little children and very blessed to have parents such as yourselves, God does preform miracles every day. It has been my pleasure to lift this entire family up to the Lord thanks to my precious sister Louise Patton!! Prayer continue for all. The Hammons

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{zero}

26 days.............

Whats mine...